Simhasth Kumbh Mahaparv 2016
Thousands of holy men and women attend this festival. Sadhus are seen clad in saffron robes with Vibhuti ashes smeared on their skin as per the requirements of ancient traditions. Some, called naga sanyasis, may not wear any cloth even in severe winter. It is considered a sign of separation from the materialistic world.
- Festival Duration:- 30 days (22-4-2016 to 21-5-2016).
- Tentative Area:- 3000+ hectares.
- Entire area is divided into 6 Zones and 22 Sectors.
- Mahakaal Zone
- Dutta Akhara Zone
- Mangalnath Zone
- Kal Bhairav Zone
- Triveni Zone
- Chamunda Mata Zone
- At least Two Flag Railway Stations at Nai Khedi and Vikram Nagar will be established during Simhasth Kumbh Mahaparv 2016. Trains coming to Ujjain will be given halt at flag stations. There will be all necessary arrangements made for the convenience of passengers at flag stations, The two flag Stations are -
- Shri Chintaman Flag Station / Nai Khedi
- Vikram Nagar Flag Station
- Six Satellite towns will be created during Simhasth Kumbh Mahaparv 2016.
- During Simhasth, various events will be organised by Akharas, Sadhu Santa ( Bhagwat Katha, Ram Katha, Bhajan, Havan, Sunderkand, Pujan, Yoga ), Culture events, exhibition and Sports. List of events will be published in due course of time.
- Traditionally, the Dutta Akhara Zone is occupied by Shaiv Panthis and Managalnath Zone is occupied by Vaishnav Panthis.
- Elaborate arrangements are being made for comfort and safety of visitors. It includes creation of 51 police chowkies during Simhasth Kumbh Mahaparv 2016.
Upcoming Simhasth Kumbh Mahaparv
Following of the 6 Yogs are available on 21-5-2016.
- Vaishakh Maas.
- Shukla Paksha
- Simha’s Guru
- Tula’s Chandra
- Purnima Tithi
- Kushasthali – Ujjain Tirth
Following of the 4 Yogs are not available at Vaishakh Purnima.
- Sun in Aries.
- Swati Nakshtra.
- Vyati-pati Yog.
In one month duration of “Simhasth Kumbh Mahaparv” different “Yog” is available.
- Sun in Aries from 21st April to 21st May 2016.
- Swati nakshtra is on 20th May 2016.
- Vyati-pati Yog is on 19th May.
During “Simhasth Kumbh Mahaparv”, Mondays will be as follows-
- 25th April 2016
- 02nd May 2016
- 09th May 2016
- 16th May 2016
In Era 2073 ” Shiv-Vishati: ” has a part known as “Som-Yog”. Therefore, Ujjain has a great importance because it’s a city of Lord Shiva. According to astrological calculations, spiritual cycle repeats itself after every 12 years as it is clear with the pace of Jupiter.
Simhasth Kumbh Mahaparv Ujjain 2016 – Holy Dip Dates (Proposed Snaan Dates)
Chaitra Shukla Purnima – Vaishakha Shukla Purnima, Vikram Samvat 2073