- Pilgrims are advised to use specific bathing areas/Ghats as authorized by the Mela administration for their safety and security.
- They are also advised to make use of the nearest bathing places/Ghats from their place of stay.
- If any unclaimed or suspicious object is found, Mela administration or police control room should be informed about it immediately.
- Special arrangements will be made for smooth movement of traffic. Pilgrims are advised to cooperate with traffic Police.
- The directions and advice given through Central Public Address System should be followed to avoid any inconvenience.
- Pilgrims and tourists are advised to dispose garbage in the dustbins only to ensure cleanliness of Mela area.
- Pilgrims and tourists are requested to behave in dignified manner and wear suitable attire, considering the religious and cultural sensibilities of the event. The local service providers will be glad to advise and guide on this issue.
- Do not venture in the river beyond permissible limit.
- Use of plastic bags is prohibited. So avoid using them.
- Pilgrims should avoid washing clothes on the river banks.
- Do not board the overcrowded boats.
- Beggary shouldn’t be encouraged by pilgrims as well as tourists.
- While bathing in the river water, soaps and detergents should not be used.
- No pujan samagri should be thrown into the river for any reason whatsoever.